View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 05:47 PM   #1
ishoot308

Thanked 4,984 Times in 1,931 Posts
Default Winnisquam Marine / New Toon!

After 6 seasons of absolute fun and reliability, we finally decided it was time to trade in the old Manitou tri-toon. While 6 years does not make a boat old by any stretch, the more recent luxury advancements made in the performance toon market was just too good to pass up. Once we went to Winnisquam Marine and sat down with their sales rep Ryan, he made the decision easy for us.

We ended up getting a custom floor plan 25.5' Premier Gemini PTX with a 250 Merc Verado on it. It's basically a luxury fishing performance pontoon boat.

This particular floor plan has seats in the stern for fishing. This means I can now fish and land fish in the Stern of the boat rather than the side. My downriggers can also be mounted in the rear atop their optional downrigger mount custom made for Premier Pontoons. The front of the boat has your standard layout of wrap around flexsteel lounge sofas which are very comfortable.

This new boat has pretty much every option available including fly by wire digital controls which are really smooth (we test rode before purchasing). The 250 Verado has a supercharger for lots of low and mid range torque and it is so quiet it's honestly hard to tell when its running !

While I am giving up a little in performance / speed when compared to the Manitou, the fit, finish, options available and sheer luxury of the Premier more than make up the difference.

I would also like to mention the wonderful experience we have had thus far with Ryan and Winnisquam Marine. We had many pricing options to go through and many questions before we decided to make this deal. All through the process Ryan was very professional and very… no, EXTREMELY responsive, and did everything he could to make this a pleasant buying experience.

Once I signed on the dotted line, the service manager contacted me and asked me to bring him my trolling motor and batteries so he could have it all mounted and ready for me for when they dropped the boat off! Both my wife and I agree that they want to build long lasting relationships and not one hit sales. They have succeeded thus far!!

My new boat gets dropped off at my home dock this Sunday!! We can’t wait!!

Wave if you see me!

Dan