Thread: Pops, finally
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 06:33 AM   #14
Winnipesaukee Divers

Default Buisness 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by pops View Post
I lose 5% right off the top plus processing fees. We have explored the idea of taking credit cards and I am not comfortable with giving them that much of my income.Infact the sales lady from the processing company was familiar with us because travles to our place as a destination on motorcycle trips. She basically talked me out of taking credit cards and told me it was not a good idea for a seasonal business. We do have an atm on sight, unfortunately it is down right now and I am in the process of getting it repaired.
Popsicle
So, let me get this straight. You let $30-$40 worth of business walk out the door and right into your competition because you don't want to pay the processing fee! How many other dollars did you let walk away that day too? How many other customers were inconvenienced too and decided to go somewhere else? People just don't carry much cash anymore.

I too run a small business and my CC process fee is 2.25% plus a $15 processing fee. I may go several months without using CC but it's a service for my customers that I just can't do without.

BTW: how much profit margin is in a roadside fast food business? Time to rethink your business strategy.
Winnipesaukee Divers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Winnipesaukee Divers For This Useful Post: