Thread: Pops, finally
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 06:19 PM   #5
RLW

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dt5150 View Post
after years of hearing about pops, we finally made it there for dinner the other night. i've been wanting to go for a while so it was good to finally check it off my list

food was great. the wife and i split a plate of whole clams and scallops with fries and a side of onion rings. the clams and scallops were very good. very crisp, crunchy batter with a good flavor and not too oily. both tasted very fresh too. the onion rings were good too, but they didn't have a whole lot of flavor to them. i liked them, but they just seemed to be missing something. the fries were really good too. my wife is picky when it comes to fries, she doesn't like typical fast food type fries. she liked these though, and so did i. all in all, great food, huge portions (we couldn't finish it all) and reasonable prices. plus sitting on the roof on a beautiful summer night overlooking Alton Bay.. how can ya beat that? we'll be back.

My suggestion for your next visit is to get your meal and walk across the street to the picnic tables and eat your meals right on the edge of the big lake. We take the meals on their trays and return them when finished.