View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 07:14 AM   #8
Jimmbrooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave R View Post
Bay scallops wrapped in 1/3 slice of bacon each, marinated and broiled in maple syrup. Very tedious to prepare, but each one is bite size and tastes delightful.

We make "tinfoil turtles" on our boat grill. They are a mix of sliced summer squash, zucchini, onions, and minced garlic and olive oil, OR diced potatoes, sliced onions, butter, and a heavy dose of spices; wrapped loosely in a double layer of tinfoil that's sealed by tightly crimping the edges closed. Cook for 30 to 40 minutes on medium to low heat, flip them every 10 minutes or so.

I like to make salads that are loaded with a huge variety of veggies and fruit. Today, for instance, I made one with spring mix, romaine, radish, red pepper, snow peas, craisins, strawberries, blueberries, red cabbage, kidney beans, grape tomatoes, cucumber, broccoli, cauliflour and orange. Everything is diced very small such that the salad is very dense and there are many different flavors in each bite. I eat it with a spoon.
Not tedious when made with love for the enjoyment of others, will add this to menu
Jimmbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote