Thread: US Coast Guard
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 05:32 PM   #32
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Default Safety checks

I did not mean that the auxilary should stop boats and do safety checks although the MP use to do it in the past. Why did the MP stop now? Just walking along the public docks, I can see boats with unsufficient life vests etc. I have not notice in the past.

How could one possibly boat a whole year without the required registration sticker? Makes me wonder how many unregistered boats are out there.

I called in early last summer that the northwest marker of the Witches being misplaced. As of last fall, the bouy was still in the wrong place. Have the MP stopped maintaining the bouys? A number of folks on this site noticed and called in.

As for safety, try kayaking, canoeing or sailing on the lake, I had many closed calls. How about the 150' rule. I've been buzzed numerous time, close enough to be sprayed. I can see where the speed limit supporters are coming from but speed is not the issue.

I'm not knocking the MPs. They do one heck of a job covering the lake, but it clearly shows they need more manpower.