View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 10:08 AM   #106
SerenityRick

Rather than make a new thread I thought I'd bump this old one to vent.

I think it's absolutely ridiculous the hoops that we have to 'jump' through just to throw away a few bags of trash.

Since moving to Moultonborough in March of 2012, I've gone to the 'transfer station' a total of maybe 4 or 5 times. The reason? I'm absolutely intimidated by the process there. I actually just let the bags pile up in my garage and then take them all in one big trip. Also, I don't mean intimidated in a threatening way obviously but I absolutely hate that there's always an attendent standing next to the trash bin and eye-ing the bags as you go through.

The mandatory recycling is complete crap. I don't mind recycling. My wife and I do it.. but we don't have enough space to have separate bins or bags for clear plastic, colored plastic, glass, paper, etc etc.. that's ridiculous. So we bring all of our recycling to her mom's place in Sandwich where she helps us out by bringing it to their transfer station which has single stream recycling.

I haven't been stopped for a random "bag" check yet.. but I can say right now that I would not comply. Seriously. **** that. Every once in a while I'll throw in a plastic bottle or can in the trash because our other bins are full or yeah, maybe I'm just too lazy to wash it out. I'm not going to be made to look like a criminal at the back of my truck while some guy (who I know is just doing what he's told) goes through my garbage. I don't know how anyone can be supportive of this and I don't know why the citizens of Moultonborough have put up with this for the past however many years it's been mandatory.

Also, nevermind the occasional recyclable in the trash bags.. sometimes I have bags sit for weeks on end with rotting meat or cat crap/puke.. Even with gloves I'm not going to go digging through 20 pounds of vomit inducing stuff because they want an extra plastic bottle.

Sorry. Just needed to vent. Maybe it's my problem, I don't know. But it sucks that I get anxiety every time I want to go to the freakin' dump now.
SerenityRick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SerenityRick For This Useful Post: