View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 12:57 AM   #85
MilhouseEnterprises

Default walls and insulation

8" walls are overkill as well, 1" spray foam insulation followed by conventional insulation is fine and efficient. The fact is that 75% of your heat loss is through the roof and glass, sinking thousands into building 8-12" walls is a waste of funds to gain little. It is more important to have a tight envelope, good windows (I have Marvin myself) good heat recovery ventilation, and good attic insulation. attention to details like sealing electrical and plumbing holes is equally important during construction.

For those that are skeptical about the payback and feasibility of retrofitting a Geothermal system in an older home, please e-mail me, I will send you a pile of examples and customers that you may contact for references and proof of the short payback they have had. I'm not saying every system is that way, but most are between 5-7 years.

I noticed someone above say Geothermal is air based only, that is also not true, it can be air based, radiant floor, radiant baseboard heat or split. Geothermal is more flexible than any system available today.

There are thousands of people in NH that have Geothermal, so when it was said that if these facts were true more people would have it, sit back and think about that. No one believed that the world was round until they saw it for themselves. People that have Geothermal love it, People that don't are skeptical and afraid to try.

All I'm asking for is a chance to set the record straight and to show you the facts, backed up with documented proof, customer testimonials from their own voice, and I'm willing to put my reputation as a business and as a person that cares about greener energy solutions on the line. If anyone on this forum is serious about learning more on Geothermal or other alternative energy solutions, then please feel free to call or e-mail me. If Geothermal is not a great solution for you, I'll tell you! I do sell and install high efficiency Gas (LP and Natural) and other petroleum based systems as well, and believe me they are much easier to sell and make me a higher profit, I just don't believe they are the best direction for us to move in for our planet and the future of our children. I'm a regular person, a father, a husband, and to many a friend, I'm not the corporate cold hearted just in it for the money salesperson that many have made me out to be on this forum, as well as private messages sent.

As I said, anyone serious, please let me show you the facts, and let you talk to people that know the most because they have it in their homes. Information cost you nothing. I'm not asking for anything more than a chance to earn your business.

603-300-2943 Chris Milner, Owner Milhouse Enterprises Chris@milhouseenterprises.com
MilhouseEnterprises is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MilhouseEnterprises For This Useful Post: