View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 01:03 PM   #37
Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
Oh boy, How am I going to convinced a bunch of old farts that we need to vent the gas logs outside? I can't open the flue as the fireplace log installer sealed it shut and insulated it. Also I wanted to put in a high efficiency boiler system. The installer says you can't vent it up the existing chimney as the gas is caustic to the masonry. The association refused to have me vent it out the side of the unit as requested by the boiler installer.
I do have a carbon monoxide sensor in the same room as the gas logs. I never heard it go off.
Is it written in the Associations By-laws, Covenants, or Conditions and Restrictions that you can't vent the boiler out the side of the unit?

The association might not like it, but if it isn't written somewhere that you can't, or it violates a Federal, State, or Local Code, then just tell them that you are going to do it. All heck will break loose but at least you will get their attention that you need some guidance in the matter.

I would never live in an association because they suppress some of the rights that are given to us in the United states Constitution.
You can't do this and you can't do that...Good for them, I'll have my own private piece of property and live the way I want to live...within the Law that is.
I could never figure out why someone would pay an association to put restrictions on how I live.

Does everyone have to be in bed by a certain time in your association?
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rusty For This Useful Post: