View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 11:57 AM   #31
Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
What happened is that Amerigas-Laconia had about three of these small Rinnai non-vented propane space heaters at drastically reduced prices and they said they would not install them. List price was $550, and I paid either 99 or 199, knowing there must be a reason why they were so cheap and when I asked why Amerigas was no longer installing them, was told they were not happy with them.

I recently sold it to an experienced installer, and the sale included the Rinnai owner's manual which instructs to keep a window open for the fresh air, and not to install it in a bedroom.
So now that "experienced installer" will turn around and sell the heater for close to retail price to someone who thinks that they are getting a good deal.
It's probably some nice elderly lady who saved her hard earned money so she could have heat in the winter.

A 6000 BTU ventless unit will have to run full blast 24-7 to keep a room warm during the middle of winter; especially when you have to open a window to let some nice "COLD" fresh air in.

Do ya have any trouble sleeping at night FLL?
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote