View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 08:57 PM   #1
sea_n_ski

Default Flightcraft to the rescue!!

How about a story with a happy ending instead of a gripe?

Sunday afternoon we were out cruising in our new Malibu MXZ Wakesetter boat. The water pump failed and the engine started overheating. There we were smoke billowing out of the engine compartment stranded near the Long Island bridge. A wonderful man and his family stopped and offered to tow us to Trexler's Marina (see the picture). He wouldn't even take any money when offered. What a great guy. I felt good because last weekend I towed a boat like his to Fish Cove. Love that about the lake.

I called Goodhue & Hawkins while we were being towed because they are now a part of the East Coast Flightcraft family where I buught my Malibu. They told me they would make arrangements at Trexler's and would take care of everything. When I got to Trexler's they told me to just leave the boat. We got a ride back home with some friends.

Then I received a call from Danny, the owner of Flightcraft. He wanted to let me know that they will take care of everything and if the engine was damaged in any way, they would put a new one in. Imagine the owner of the largest chain of boat dealers in New England calling me on a Sunday afternoon to assure me they will take care of everything.

Today I got a call from the Fightcraft location in Meredith. They fixed the problem, replaced the water pump, all of the manifolds and any parts that were affected. They had Fed-Xed the parts in so I could have the boat this weekend. They tested the motor and determined everything was fine. They delivered the boat to my house and put it on the lift. Can you believe that they turned this whole thing around in a few days? One of my friends hit some rocks with his Cobalt a few years ago and they did the same for him. They picked up his boat and the following weekend there it was fixed on his his lift.

I have bought 3 boats (a Cobalt and 2 Malibu) from Flightcraft and have always received this kind of service. Whenever you take a Flightcraft deal to any other boat dealer , they will tell you they can't touch it financially. They can do all of this because they sell 100s and 100s of boats every year. These guys amaze me.
Attached Images

sea_n_ski is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sea_n_ski For This Useful Post: