View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 12:22 PM   #12
ishoot308

Thanked 4,959 Times in 1,924 Posts
Default Going For It!!

After meeting with the owner of Home Energy at my Camp this morning, I have decided to have them install the Mitsubishi system.

I have spoken to a few people who have similar heat pump systems and all say they are cooling their entire house thoroughly for $10.00 per month! I am having three interior units installed (33,000 BTU) and the gentleman from Home Energy said it would cost between $5.00 - $10.00 per month during the summer to cool.

A couple people I have talked to who winter in Florida say they keep their heat pump AC system running all summer long while they are not there to keep mold from forming and it's only costing around $15.00 a month.

While I am doing this for more of a convenience and quietness issue the savings will be nice. Payback will take about 7 - 10 years because I am seasonal. Payback in non seasonal homes who are heating and cooling is approximately 2-4 years!! Well worth doing in my opinion!

Warranty on the Mitsubishi system is 7 years parts by Mitsubishi and 7 years labor by Home Energy. Great Warranty!

Thanks again for all your input!

Dan
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote