Thread: Village Kitchen
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 07:43 AM   #35
Sunset View

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMIAM View Post
Yup, Jonas...that was us. Never tried to be trendy or upscale, just cooking like grandma used to do. We were there 10 years before we built the new VK up the street.
And GusMan...thanks so much for appreciating my great crew. Sammie and I are so lucky to have those guys. Many have been with us for many years and some from day one. Lots of second generation people, too.
They are like family out there .
I'll make sure that I show them your post......good luck fishing. Next time you a hit a big one give me a call and we'll cook it up for you.
Ate at the VK 2 x's this weekend; breakfast Sunday morning (outstanding in every way) and Saturday night dinner. I ordered the clam plate (small) and was blown away at just how small it was (my fault) 7 clams! I guess I was trying to cut back because I also ordered a large salad(It too was outstanding) I asked our waitress for an additional order of clams and she immediately had them on my plate within 5 minutes and they were well worth the extra charge. I had the finest clams I have tasted in years! I think in one other post I voiced concern about the portion/size of the dinner meal; one has to wonder if the smaller size dinner plates gives the illusion of being a smaller meal, just my 2 cents. Good size eaters should err on the side of opting for the larger meal plates going forward, they are a fabulous value.

Samiam and team; great food, exceptional service (thin, lovely blonde lady Sat night) fast turnarounds and just great, consistent experiences, BTW, when we left the VK Saturday evening, we headed directly to Red Hill Dairy for a Cherry Dip and a Hot Fudge Sundae.........THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE THE VK!

THANK YOU