View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 08:37 PM   #74
Belmont Resident

Default Nb

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBozo View Post
You know what: As I stated earlier...I have NO sympathy for the robber barons in the repair..industry. However.. the symptoms and discovery of GEL in the Carbs makes perfect sence. It's ETHANOL my friends. I have been there....not with my boat but with a motorcycle that was used infrequently....infrequently..THAT's the problem.. $800 to FIX. The motorcycle had 4 Carbs and they were a bitch to remove. I sold the motorcycle AS IS.

Fair and Balanced... NB
I give up on the whole gas thing. If it is small enough to drain all gas out of it including the carb bowl for storage I do. If that is not an option I try and run it down to a low as possible and stabilize the crap out of it then fill it with fresh gas when it comes out of storage(boat). Bikes, sleds, mower, weed wacker all get stable in EVERY tank of fuel just in case they sit around for a while not being used.
An ounce of prevention for every ten gallons and it seems to work.
Can’t tell you how many people are having problems with power equipment that sits unused for awhile, I very rarely do.
2 stroke engines seem to be the most susceptible. I know between my wife and I we have gone through 3 2 stroke snowmobile engines when E-10 first came out.