View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 03:17 PM   #15
Woodsy

I can see both sides... I totally understand your frustration as I have def ate my share of parts that were wrong or I didnt need... but

No offense Blue, you tried to save some $$ and have a mechanic friend do the work for you. If you were using the mechanic at your marina he would bought the parts at the marinas parts dept. He would have been able to return the parts if they were wrong. He also should have noticed the parts were different when he was replacing them. Winnisquam Marine isnt the only place to get Mercruiser or Volvo parts (its all GM) you can get the same stuff at NAPA, Robbins, VIP etc. Your mechanic should have picked up the parts himself and then the onus would have been on him. Winnisquam cant take the parts back because they cant resell them or use them... why should they eat the $$? yes, they made a mistake but your mechanic compounded that mistake by INSTALLING the parts! Had he not compunded the mistake they prob would have taken them back.

The real problem here is with your mechanic....

Woodsy