View Single Post
Old 06-23-2005, 10:47 AM   #5
Grant

Default Cold, dark, wet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipesaukee Divers

Visibility? Well, actually it has been very good this year, although, it gets dark after 40' depth and cold too. Keep you dives above that and it's like mid summer diving... rather pleasant.
Ah...then same as it ever was. Cold & dark = good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipesaukee Divers
As much as I would like to, I won't be joining you on any DWS tours, the operators have banned me because they don't want any of their divers picking up my bad diving habits. Truth be known, they just don't want me getting their boat covered in mud.
Bad habits, schmad schmabits...You wouldn't believe the joker I got buddied with last weekend. Although I was quite grateful for his loan of a shiny new pressed steel 120, I was mortified by his underwater immitation of a Duncan yo-yo and his insistence on keeping the power inflator in his hand...(inflate...purge...inflate...purge...rocket up...sink like a rock...rocket up...sink like a rock...feet down, mask completely fogged..."I don't need a stinking hood!") My other (competent) buddy and I nearly broke our necks watching him. Scary.