View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 05:33 PM   #27
IslandRadio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treerider View Post
Wait!!! you saw the hand drop the butt, you went and looked at the butt, then went to see the boat and write down the numbers off the bow......you were(are) outraged, but you FAILED to pick up the butt, failed to deliver it to the offender, by hand, failed to deliver the verbal reprimand in PUBLIC....and now you come here and whine about it, hoping that someone ELSE will deal with the problem.....maybe make a new LAW??
As far as I am concerned, you are part of the problem.....my .02 worth...
Judge, judge, judge (and jury and executioner). Maybe you would have said something - maybe not. You weren't there in the situation and with a tight deadline to meet (to march in a Memorial day parade) at that time of day.

There are many good reasons you might NOT have made a scene. The first and foremost is, it is your word against his. All sorts of things come to mind under this scenario, which I won't enumerate.

The object in question was, unfortunately, well out of reach and too close to shore to grab from the boat. I did think I could get it, but not the case. I pick stuff out of the water all the time - mostly floating boards and the like. I actually never see trash on the water.
IslandRadio is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to IslandRadio For This Useful Post: