View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 06:14 PM   #1
CateP

Default A Year in the Making

Just wanted to let all my forum friends know that I have bought a house in Wolfeboro and will be closing in March.

It has been over a year since I joined this forum and so many of you have provided knowledge, guidance, recommendations (and a multitude of opinions) throughout my journey. I just want to thank everyone who has written to me privately and so many more who have just been here on the forum joining the discussion. It is because of you that this transition has been so much easier.

The last time I made a big move like this, there were no forums like this where people could connect and share information. It was much more a shot in dark fraught with unknowns. Where is there a good car mechanic? Where will I bank? Where will I get groceries? Where can I get this or that? Where is there a car wash with guys who will dry off your car with warm towels for $12? (ha ha ha)

I have spent the last several months renting in Wolfeboro and that was a really good move. It allowed me to get offline and into the community to experience real life in the area I wanted to live in. Now I feel like I may have something to give back to this forum as I continue to explore and get involved in things.

I will probably be spending much more time in the Home and Cottage section of the forum for awhile because as a new homeowner in the region I will be looking for all kinds of resources and services. I will share those experiences.

Lastly, I want to thank all the forum members who I have met in person. I can't tell you how much your kindness and generosity has meant to me. In this world that seems so determined to keep us polarized , fearful, and apart from each other... finding connections with people who just open their door and heart to you is indeed a precious thing not to be taken for granted. So I thank you and hope to show the same in return.

ONWARD Winni FORUM!!!
Attached Images

CateP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to CateP For This Useful Post: