Thread: Snow 1/27
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 05:50 AM   #4
Belmont Resident

Default ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSUKR View Post
I don't know where you get your forecast from but you might want to listen to yourself.

From your gas price thread:
With this storm Friday predicted to put some more much needed snow up north and stay rain or mixed around here, I’m sure the northern areas will be packed with people long distance trailering again.
Gas price thread was centered on snowmobiling, specifically in North Country.
Many areas up north picked up between 4 and 10 inches around Moosehead Lake making for some really awesome riding this past weekend, especially west of Moosehead Lake where one area got 12 inches and they were able to groom for the first time this year.

As for last Fridays storm forecast, they were predicting 2-4 or 4-6 for our area before a change to sleet and possibly rain depending on who you watched. This was far from the sleet to all rain forecast earlier in the week for our area. Even NECN blew it on this one as they had Laconia on the line between 4 inches and 6 inches.
At about 4:30 Thursday as Winnisquamguy and I were working on getting his plow truck ready the national weather service came over the air and updated their forecast from 2-4 to 4-6 inches of snow for our area as well.

So tell me how can you connect the two threads and what are you trying to say?
As mentioned before my business includes painting and snowplowing, so I rely on the forecast and its accuracy, so I watch as many different forecasts as I can to try and develop so sort of an average that might prove somewhat correct and save me spending the time loading up my sander, gassing up my truck etc.
It’s a little more involved for some of us then having the shovel by the door or putting gas in the snow blower.