Thread: Got Boats?
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2004, 05:18 PM   #108
Mink Islander

Default Re: Got Boats?

Oh good grief. In your original posts you went out of your way to sound like a west coast guy who "happened" to be considering a vacation in NH --and then proceeded to trash anyone who had a negative view on performance boats. Now your a displaced NHite? LOL. How deceptive of you!

Doesn't matter. I stand by my prior post. Your Navy experience isn't relevant. You don't boat here. You are in no position to lecture any of us on the skills/knowledge of power boat owners in this area. I've seen plenty of bad behavior in all types of boats -- including those sacred performance boats. There's a lot of $$ on the lake these days and I really wouldn't assume that just because it costs a lot of money, the performance boat pilot is competent. Or the captain of that big cruiser bearing down on you for that matter. Look at the guy who flipped a brand new performance boat only last year horsing around as an example. Doesn't mean they're all idiots, but some are and they're the ones everyone notices!

And by the way, they do indeed ban performance boats on some lakes in other states. And even limit horsepower on some lakes in NH so don't believe for a minute that you have absolute rights to the waterways....

Ice out in three weeks (or less?) and the fish are waiting.....