Thread: Irene??
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 11:23 AM   #45
Dowislandman

Default Irene Storm Preps

This is DowIslandMan(aka NOBODYKNOWS....)
Oh Man!!!! We have not been up there to the northern part of the lake and Dow Island and with this thing.. this this thing..., now this thing...(oh my lord the media is really pumping her up big time - I need to get some 3 weeks of beer supplies on my way home tonight!) approaching and being a flatliner from Mass, wondering what we islanders should do? No boats are currently in the water - they are racked in a building(wind strength criteria of this building I do not know???) We do have a swim raft presently out so should we take it out or tie it down some more. Kayaks and canoes are on a rack but are not tied down! Our front dock has loose cedar wood inserts and these have floated before.... Should we take them out or tie them down or weight them down?
And ah yes that other island stuff like tubes, lawn furniture, plastic storage boxes, flags, umbrellas, grills are all strewn about loose on the property. Should we B-Line up there and batten down the hatches, store stuff and come home on Saturday afternoon before the storm???

Nothing we can do about the trees....
Dowislandman is offline   Reply With Quote