View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 09:13 AM   #6
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by regalguy View Post
I have a 25 ft cruiser with camper canvas. Wondering if It would be a smart decision to take the canvas down. Going to leave the boat in the water and do a 4 way tie. Thinking I will unplug shore power as well. Guessing we will lose power and food that is in the frig will be spoiled b4 I can get back up tp the lake.
Canvas is a major concern... However If you leave it off You are guaranteed of having water issue. Now I am sure you have a bilge pump but if the boat is left exposed, and the storm and rainfall last a considerable amount of time you may drain your battery. And then you have issue with the boat filling with water.

On the flip side if you leave it on, you risk damage to the canvas itself. Which can be repaired... I would look at your insurance policy and determine if this type of damage to the canvas would be covered.

either way you have a downside... it not an easy choice.

As for me I have a mooring cover which will be going on the boat. and Probably right over the cockpit cover for double protection...However I will be leaving the boat in the water, and just adding a couple of extra lines. I could pull it and put it on the trailer, but will it be any safer???? outside with trees??? don't think so....

My jetski is more then likely coming out of the water, and getting tuck up close to the camp on its trailer.