View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 09:48 AM   #31
Onshore

I am working on getting an answer for Maxum's question which I will post here because I think it likely of interest to several people. I have attempted to answer Guiness' question below.

Accessory structures such as a shed are allowed within the 50 ft primary building setback. The standards applied to thes structures can be summed up as follows:
  • They should be setback at least 20 ft from the water.
  • They should not be constructed on (or in) land having a slope steeper than 25%.
  • Height limit of 12 ft.
  • Total square footage allowed within the 50 ft setback is calculated as 1.5 ft per linear ft of frontage.
Please understand that these standards only apply to those accessory structures within 50 ft of the water. Structures in this area do need a Shoreland permit but should qualify for the new Permit by Notification. (Please note that this is NOT the same as the Wetlands Permit by Notification. This process really is simplified and easier.)

It should also be noted that the "storage locker" type units that can be purchased and placed on the land do not meet the definition of structure and thus their placement would not be regulated under Shoreland.
Onshore is offline   Reply With Quote