View Single Post
Old 04-27-2005, 12:34 PM   #121
PROPELLER

I am on Winni extensively all summer, 80-100 hours & I see small boats of all kinds all over the lake including the broads & yes I see kayaks out there to. If Winni is so dangerous then why all of the boating activity? Apparently these boaters do not find Winni unsafe or they would not be there.

You are reading posts from a very small group on this forum on both sides of the issue. How do you know you will not be safe if you kayak on Winni?

If Winni is so dangerous & there are too many boats traveling at speeds greater than 45 mph(which is unsafe according to you and others) then why are we not reading about collisions causing property damage & personal injury every weekend all summer long? Because these collisions are not happening. There has been only 1 tragic collision that has made the news recently. That was 2 years ago in Meredith & by all accounts speed was not the cause of the accident. The only other incidents I have heard about are drownings from canoes tipping & PFD's not being worn.

If there are collisions occurring(& I am not aware they are) then they must be happening at very low speeds around the public docks without causing personal injury or major property damage otherwise it would be big news & you would know about it. There would be documented statistics the SL supporters would produce to support their claims.

If 2 boats going even 25, 30 mph & collide there is going to be serious personal injury & property damage & it would be big news & there would be documented statistics but there isn't because these collisions are not occurring.

Many Opponents to the SL myself included would not be against HB162 if there were frequent collisions that was causing personal injury & property damage that could be avoided by enacting a SL.

Last edited by PROPELLER; 04-27-2005 at 12:43 PM.