View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 09:37 AM   #16
songkrai

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
You would need to check for sure but I think it is now illegal for the gas companies to sell the tanks. We have three and the last one they were not allowed to sell us.
Yes, you can purchase your own propane tanks. Only a few propane providers are willing to sell you tanks though. Some will sell you new tanks and reconditioned tanks. The reconditioned tanks have all new fittings and freshly painted. Tanks are not cheap.

Another note:

Few of the propane delivery companies actually own the tanks they place on your property/home. Most of the propane tanks that the propane companies place on your property are leased tanks from another company. The propane delivery company has to pay this lease fee and they are just passing this fee onto you the customer. If you use a lot of propane most propane delivery companies waive that fee.

There is no easy answer when dealing with propane. And if I had it to do all over again it would be oil.

I am happy for you folks who have pellets, geo-thermal, solar, etc. But oil is just so much simpler.
songkrai is offline   Reply With Quote