View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 10:16 AM   #1
jniff101

Default Bit by a dog at hannaford in Meredith!

Hi all,
So I wanted to tell you all my experience at the Meredith Hannaford the other day. My friend and I drove in with our 2 young children when we noticed 5 little brown dogs running loose in the corner of the parking lot. They were obviously going to get hit or cause problems so I decided to get out while my friend parked and try and guide the dogs out of the way. That's when I noticed the Toyota camry hatchback at the side of the building with its driver’s side door wide open. Well the women was sitting in her car looking down and completely ignoring the fact that her dogs were running loose. So I tried to guide them out of the way when 1 of the dogs bit me twice! Enough to break skin and bruise but not draw blood. So I decided to leave. I went back to my friends car to get my daughter I saw the women coming around to the front of the building. So I decided to confront her to let her know what happened.
Well after trying to get her attention, very politely, from about 1 foot away "excuse me mamme, excuse me mamme...are those your dogs?" she completely ignored me and kept walking as if I wasn't even there! So I told the women at the customer service desk and she encouraged me to call the police since they rent the building and couldn’t do anything. So I did. When the police arrived and I was telling him what happened the women came back outside with her groceries. She got very angry and couldn't believe that the police were called. Did I do the right thing? I think so!!!
I felt that it was the right thing to do because it very well could have been a child that got bit if they were too close...or even worse, their face. Come to find out by one of the employees that this is not the first time she has caused a disturbance with her dogs letting them run loose and he said that something needs to be done.
Then I told my friends and one of them said that the same lady was at heaths and it happened there too! I didn't know if anyone else has seen this women and if not...don't go near the dogs!
jniff101 is offline   Reply With Quote