Thread: sheds?
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 02:19 PM   #27
lawn psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLW View Post
lawn psycho, you did very well for that size shed. All my materials were figured on the company discounts. Believe it or not I got the 10x16 from Reeds Ferry with all my own selections of shingles, siding, windows, shutters and ramp and oh ya a nice weather vane for less than 3,200 and I didn't have all the aggravation and mess to pickup every night and after the job as it was installed in less than 1 hour and 15 minutes and they were driving out of the driveway. I have received several e-mails from them asking if I was happy with the shed and the installation. They are a followup company which you do not find very often nowadays. All in all we both did very well and you have the pleasure to tell everyone that you bulit it. All I can say is I paid for it. with it and may it stay dry for many a year.
If I could have gotten mine for $3200 I would have paid it. What kind of materials did they use for decking, joists, studs, roof, etc? The sheds I saw to get it built the way I wanted were substaintially higher than what I could build on my own.

Not questioning your decision but when I went through the decision loop of buy vs build the sheds you could buy had lower quality materials. (Ex, no-name siding, 2x3 studs, 2x6 joists, particle board flooring, 2x4 roof, etc.)

I am a penny pincher when it comes to these types of things as I am always looking for deals so I was willing to put up with the hassles. The OP wanted a pre-built shed so this may not even apply but a shed is not as diffucult to build as some may think. If you don't have a compressor and nail guns then you may have a sore elbow by the time you're done.....
lawn psycho is offline   Reply With Quote