View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 01:51 PM   #22
gtagrip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winniboater81 View Post
I dont know why you people are upset that your tax assesment went down. You knew that if your tax assesment went down, they were just going to hike the tax rate to make up for it...which they did, and it washes.

If you have a buyer looking at your property and they go off the tax assesment as a guide to a purchase price they dont know what they are doing. I have been in real estate / mortgage business for a long time, and rarely do people run off the tax assesment.

My home in Laconia was just assesed at 204k down from 229k. I just turned down an offer of 302k. You need to understand more about the trends of the market.
Is this how it was suppose to work originally? I thought if the value of your home went down, so did your taxes. Not that the town would raise the tax rate to make up the difference. Value of home = amount of taxes you pay.
Like Seaplane Pilot said, it's a shell game that they are playing. Since I am self-employes and business has been off for the last few years, so my income has gone down. I wish I could lower my mortgage payment accordingly to make up for the difference.
gtagrip is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gtagrip For This Useful Post: