View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 06:43 PM   #54
no-engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthebay View Post
As someone who will be directly affected by the WOW trail running between my house and the lake. I have only one real objection. That is the 4 fence that is being required by the state. Without a commitment that the state drops that requirement owners in South Down and myself have no choice but to fight this project.
I agree that State's requirement of fence is "over the top" regulation.

As I stated before, when one purchases a property, one's legal adviser finds the easements, rights of way, ownership of the strip of railroad (AND the sewer line beside!) by the State, whatever the combined width may be, etc. between property either individually owned or owned by condo association and any body of water.

Read the article in the Sun Paper; it references the original site plan by Mr. Davidson and the City discussing a possible multi-use trail! Folks, history is history, except for the State's fence.

If this discussion is happening with South Down Shores, what about Needle Eye properties and Grouse Point community and the Mile Point Hill Community in Meredith. Just wait; they have similar deeds. I am quite familiar with property owners who abut the tracks AND sewer line in Meredith, and they are fine with the WOW Trail!

Best to communicate with our people in the legislature in Concord, for their stupidity. This forum is not that communication. Do you all think they read?

BTW, my residence abuts a right of way, BUT I have no vested interest in any property along the WOW Trail, current or proposed! I do know people who abut the recreation trail in Arlington, Somerville, MA, formerly railroad. I also know people who regularly use the trail along Cape Cod Canal, and former railroad bed elsewhere on Cape Cod. Both work very well for multiple uses - go and have a look!
no-engine is offline   Reply With Quote