View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 10:29 AM   #37
nj2nh

Not quite in the Lakes Region? Threads off topic? Wow.

In the vast scheme of things, does it really matter? Will lives end if there is a thread that is a few miles outside the border? Does it matter if a conversation veers off track?

Are there really police out there (and I don't mean the moderator) with hard and fast statutes about when or if we go off topic or post something that might be slightly outside the geographical region of the lake?

I have been known to mention NJ and Massachusetts. I know that isn't against the rules (although perhaps it should be. LOL)

The upshot of all this is that this is a huge community of people who love the lake, the lakes region, NH and, yes, even all of New England. That is what has drawn us together even if most of us don't know each other one tiny little bit, but I don't think that really means we can't go out of that little comfort zone every so often. There is no wall around the lake.

Of course, a thread about the depth of snow in the mountains of Tibet would be a little off the mark, but a thread about a woman lost in Waterville Valley doesn't seem to be too far outside bounds of reasonableness.

We are all one community, people, brought together by a body of water. I think we need to allow for good wishes and prayers for someone on the fringes of the lakes region.

Having said that, I think the moderator (sorry, can't keep track of your name) had the right to say or think whatever he chooses. This is HIS website and he does make the rules. However, in my humble opinion, I don't think they need to be rigid. I do think, however, that they should be applied consistently so we all do know what they are.

I will shut up now. Please, do not jump all over me. I can pretty much guarantee that THAT should be against the rules.

nj2nh