View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 02:32 PM   #13
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub Run View Post
This past Sunday around 4:30 pm what appeared to be a cargo plane (prop type) flew extremely low over the the lake between Moultonborough and Tuftonboro just North of twenty mile bay. The plane came from West to East and then made a sharp banked curve and returned heading West . It flew so low over our camp that people starting moving off of our deck . Anyway it scared the heck out of my family and I just dont see why some clown needs to fly like that.
Yes I saw this too... First lets start with what I know...

IT WAS NOT A C-130.....wasn't even close in size.....

I Don't believe it was a military Aircraft at all, as it flew over Long Island after making its banked turn out I didn't see any insignia carried by planes from our armed services....

Secondly, after the banked turn it flashed it lights twice... as if to signal someone... and say hello....

Now I wouldn't be surprised if it was a aircraft used for fire-fighting as there are many privately owned... however I didn't have a good angle to catch tail numbers so one will never know.

Now was he flying low and potential flying in a manner which could have caused a panic, yep... but with out the before mentioned tail numbers there is nothing really to do about it.... However if you had the tail numbers why you could call the FAA and report him.... That was a commercial sized plane, and he definitely wasn't in commercial airspace and their was no reason why he wasn't.....