View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 12:35 PM   #99
VtSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmen24 View Post
The name The Lobster Pound has been there for like 30 years (the current owners about 3), but you can bet your bottom dollar that the Loster Pound that Lou and Harvey ran is a far cry from the current owners.
Beyond personalities, long term history, and things just being Like they Used to Be. There were some horrible reviews of the LP before the new owners took over. So Jmen, perhaps not everybody shares the positive views of the past. Heck, you can usually get ten different reviews of a restaurant from five different people

I had some friends meet me one night at Harts TF. To this day they can't fathom why I almost always go there when in the area. (hint, traditions, history, etc.) I try to judge any business for what it is, not what I perceived it was.

MR's time is much better spent 7 days a week at the LP IMO. Forums like this are not good for business unless you've known everyone for decades, or have the silk tongue of an natural salesman. Mike's obviously a hard worker, and has a passion for his business. If he continues to make the LP better and better, I'll forgive his lack of BS when addressing bad reviews. I never BS when giving a review, good or bad, so perhaps I can relate to MR better than many.
VtSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VtSteve For This Useful Post: