View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 02:39 PM   #22
sa meredith

Default 50/50

I have been to LP, 9, maybe 10 times. And stated here before...the outdoor, 3rd floor bar is perhaps the finest spot to be at the lake on a warm summer, late afternoon/early evening...although you have to hit them on the right day as it is not always open (I think Thurs/Sun only, or something like that). Anyway, I have to say that the food has always been very good to excellent, and the wait staff very friendly...however, put me in the camp with those saying things never go quite perfectly. And I think my sample size is sufficient...10 times over three years. Always something...never a huge problem, as we certainly continue to go, but always something. The wait seems much longer than most restaurants, and we often eat out at peak hours. To me 30/40 minutes seems like a long time.
Other problems such as fish coming out fried instead of baked, and things like this, seem to occur often, but not the end of the world.
On my most recent trip, I had some time to kill a few Sundays back, before meeting friends to go to the Zak Brown show (not my thing, but always fun to hang out on the lawn over at Meadowbrook). I went up to the outdoor bar, caught the end of the Sox...so it must have been 4:30ish. Had some drinks, and ordered a burger Mid rare, with a slight lean toward rare being OK. Waited waited waited....waited waited waited some more. Finally asked, and the bartender said, "Holy Cow...wow, that has been a long time, let me check" and he came back with a cooked thru, completely dehydrated burger. And he knew it, and very quickly offered to replace it, but I was out of time, and needed to eat. So I had a few bites. Surprised it did not come off the bill, but I did indeed have half of it, so fair enough.
I didn't leave there angry or anything, but curious as to why something always turns wrong.
sa meredith is offline   Reply With Quote