View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 11:31 AM   #30
Joe Kerr

Arrow Time to legislate for more Lake safety

It is fortunate that no one was hurt on the boat that smashed into The Witches this time. The Witches are dangerous and every year boats hit the rocks there. Those accidents use valuable resources to rescue and recover people and boats. Something must be done to save us from this hazard.

Experienced boaters as well as new and visiting boaters have trouble at The Witches so it is up to our government to do something to protect us. I urge you to petition your legislators to pass a law making it illegal to boat near The Witches. Charts, education and experience don't help prevent these accidents.

Ask any NH resident whether government should allow the public to continue to use their boats near these dangerous mostly hidden rocks and the vast majority will be in favor of protective restrictions. Make The Witches OFF LIMITS to power and sail boats. Don't wait for more injuries and destruction it's time to protect us now.

At night I can see boats in that area. It worries me and it scares me. Some might have young kids on board who are put in harms way by being near that dangerous area of the Lake. We must do something now to protect everyone.

Make The Witches a prohibited boating area.