View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010, 04:02 PM   #28
jetskier

Post Indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2665 View Post
Jetskier I probably would have agreed with you three month ago but I do not know. I am in Long Bay and I opose anything that brings more traffic into our comminity.

My house was one of the homes burglarized recently and I had losses and damages exceeding 5000.00 and after speaking to the detective they stated that the criminals came in from and left via the rail road tracks.

A public trail that goes through our beautiful community although on the surface sounds great would only invite more ciminal activity especially during the off season.
Hi Joey,

I understand...we had some houses broken into in our neighborhood too. Some of our neighbors are actually moving as a result of the robbery. My understanding is that this happened after the snow melted and there was access to lake along the tracks. As I understand it, they caught the kids who did this...all little consolation, I am sure.

The other consideration, based upon your point is all the boats along the shorefront. That is an enormous potential exposure.

One other interesting considerations is actually the tax base. Right now, Laconia assesses property as waterfront if you have an unimpeded path to the water even if you are not directly on the water. With a fence and a trail that is clearly an impediment and waterfront will no longer be waterfront, there are going to be a ton of abatement filings if this all plays out.

Best idea, go around...cheaper, safer for everyone, same amount of exercise.

Jetskier
jetskier is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jetskier For This Useful Post: