View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 06:45 AM   #75
Lucky1

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaBene View Post
I think the problem is that the geese have few if any natural predators and have become quite a problem for many water supplies throughout the country. Many golf courses employ dog teams to scare the geese off, but they just move and come back.

I don't know what the answer is but Canada Geese are a big problem. I don't know if anyone ever had a run in with them but they are nasty birds.
Help! I cannot be on Canadian Geese patrol 24/7. They left huge amounts of poop that the rain did not even seem to want to destroy. Took me two weeks to get it all off the beach. This past weekend I was out there shouting at the geese like a crazy woman. They moved to our neighbor's home. I followed and threw small stones at them. I quickly noticed that at least one of them was coming at me so I retreated. I was scared to death.
They just came to our beach now, and I ran out in my non see through cotton nightgown to shoo them away. Was afraid to even wait to change into shorts. The geese keep coming back though. I cannot be here all of the time and still get groceries, go to the doctor, bank, dump, church, check in on some, etc. It almost seems like there are two flocks that merged together? SOMETHING REALLY DOES NEED TO BE DONE.
I agree with VitaBene that they are nasty birds. I also think they could be dangerous and attack people who try to get them off of their beaches so be careful.

Last edited by Lucky1; 07-19-2010 at 07:22 AM.
Lucky1 is offline   Reply With Quote