View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 04:47 PM   #47
Skipper of the Sea Que
Deceased Member

Lightbulb Make your own boat HP placard

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthesaukee View Post
Just for the record, I never got a response from the town, and consider the matter closed on my part.
Thanks for trying to get some answers from the town.

As I understand it, you can make your own HP sign with the international symbol shown earlier in this thread and post it on your boat. I think that would satisfy the town (but no guarantee from me).

Hey, maybe I should offer to custom print them with your boat name and/or bow numbers and laminate them... I've made one for my boat. I have my bow numbers in white in the upper right corner of the blue symbol background. I might try to use it although there is really nothing on that HP dock that I can see that would facilitate my disability to help me dock, tie-up and get to shore.

Hmmm would it be worth my while to make and sell them? $79.95 postage included... Yeah, that's it - two for $150. Beats a $250 fine . Maybe I can get the rights to Rattlesnake Guy's boat version of the symbol and use that.... (slightly extra for his royalty). Even better. Paul (RG) could design a safety thread to embed in the placard to prevent counterfeits (sorry Paul, I couldn't resist).

brief note to Lawn Psycho: walking a long distance in a controlled environment like a Wal-Mart (not that I do that) or holding on to the treadmill in the gym is much different from walking a short distance in weather, dark, the heat, sun, humidity or on uneven ground with no close by place to sit and rest or to put down my oxygen tank. PM me if you'd like more of my insight into HP parking and walking disability. And yes, I have seen HP parking placard abuses.

Amateur HAM Radio What is it? You'll be surprised. When all else fails Ham Radio still works.
Shriners Hospitals providing specialized care for children regardless of ability to pay. Find out more or refer a patient.

Last edited by Skipper of the Sea Que; 06-08-2010 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Fix what spell-check changed to the correct spelling :)
Skipper of the Sea Que is offline   Reply With Quote