View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 02:50 PM   #107
jeffk

Default Fair enough

Well, the legal system has completed the criminal trial process. I think it would have been a travesty to have killed someone with significant responsibility for that death and received no jail time. I think she is fortunate and got off lightly, and yes, that probably had something to do with her being in the family she is in and their money. She got a strong defense and that's the way the system works. It's a waste of energy to moan about it. I, personally, would have been a bit harsher but probably not too much more. She probably got less time than Littlefield because it was her friend that she
killed, that she was injured so badly herself, and she didn't flee the scene. There already was punishment from the circumstances as others have pointed out. That's how justice is supposed to work. The trial decides guilt based on facts (hopefully), the sentencing can take into account the complete circumstances.

Correct me if I'm wrong but if she qualifies for electronic monitoring she could still go to work, correct? They just have to set the terms of the monitoring to be at home or at work and allow for travel between the two places?
jeffk is offline   Reply With Quote