View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 11:38 AM   #100
Pine Island Guy

Default since you asked...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtagrip View Post
Again, some people do not want to answer the question, if you had the money, would you not hire the best lawyer you could to keep your a$$ out of jail if by chance you needed it. Or, would you rather go with the public defender and take your chances?
Actually, with all the facts that have been brought to light in this 'accident', I prefer to think that I would have enough moral fiber to stand before the judge, say that I had made idiotic choices that resulted in a tragedy, plead guilty, and spend a significant amount of my energy in my remaining years performing some sort of public service and speaking about the enherent dangers of making bad decisions while captaining a boat...

I hope to never be in that position, but I like to think that is what I would do!

There is a lot of gnashing of teeth and crying about "becoming a nanny state"... maybe if people took responsiblity for their actions... we wouldn't have to have so many nanny laws...

Just me, thinking out loud... now let's hope for a beautiful and safe summer on the lake -PIG
Pine Island Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pine Island Guy For This Useful Post: