View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 03:10 PM   #13
Little Bear

Default Don't kid yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbeam lodge View Post
O.K. One side of me agrees< BUT>
If this was some middle class guy that got in an accident that killed someone and couldn't pass a breathalizer test and beer cans next to the vehicle and could not afford a good lawyer to find guys that picked up beer cans along the highway, there fore they probably didn't belong to the driver. Can we now compare averyone else that gets in this situation with this case even though he does not have a good lawyer. I doubt the results will be the same.
Most middle class people try to follow tax laws (within reason) however, if you could afford an expensive tax attorney you could avoid those pesky taxes.
It just says if you can afford it Laws dont' necessarily apply to you. For instance you may have to earn $1800 before taxes for a vacation, but if you are a businessman you can fly to expensive locations go fishing and talk ab out business and it reduces your taxes .
The poor don't pay, the rich are smarter and they don't pay but the guy in the middle supports the whole system
Just My thoughts.
I just sent my 6-figure check to the IRS yesterday. Don't tell me we don't pay! I'm sick of listening to this crap that the "rich" don't pay. I bust my butt in my business, earn a decent living, and all I hear about is that we're the bad guys. Maybe Mr. Obama should start paying for good lawyers so the poor people and "UNDOCUMENTED IMMIGRANTS" can get equal justice. He seems to be trying to make everything else equal given his "trickle up poverty" policies. Ok, Erica's family had money and paid for a decent attorney. Anyone in the same position would take the same approach, don't tell me otherwise.
Little Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Little Bear For This Useful Post: