View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 07:09 AM   #2
The Eagle

Default Good "Topic" for discussion!

Hi SunBeam,
I have wondered why no one mentioned the trial all through the trial. It stayed pretty much "out of the public," here on the forum, but I too, wonder what forum members think. I will give my "thoughts," and I hope I don't get beat to death for them, but they are only MY thoughts.
First, I have to think (regardless of the drinking, because it was never proven she was legally drunk), it was most likely just an accident. We all know how fast, and sudden, lake conditions change. We see storms come so quickly during the day, I can only imagine a storm sneaking in at night. Sure they were "fooling around," going to pull a prank on her Dad..so what! That's what kids do, and it's all in fun. They were all good friends, and meant no harm to anyone, or anything. So, it was just an accident, that could have happened to you, or me, or anyone else. The fact that she was a "high Profile person," in the Lakes Region, in effect, makes her a "Prime Target," to set an "example." I personaly (and I Stress Personaly) think she has paid a high enough price for a life altering accident. Her best friend was killed, her other best friend injured, and she, herself, severely injured and disfigured, FOR LIFE! She is going to see the cause and effects of her misjudgemet, and the effects of a storm at night, every day, for the rest of her life. She doesn't need (and shouldn't) to go to jail, to be reminded of it. If everyone of us who have ever been involved in an accident (of any type) were put on public trial, and sent to jail, we'd most likely, all have some kind of criminal record. It's time to call it, what it was, a tragic and horrible accident. Nothing more, nothing less! I have never met this poor woman, and I feel for her and her friends. I followed the trial, and know all the details, so I feel I am not speaking out of turn. We all need to accept the fact, that in our lives, accidents DO happen, and this was one of them! And I think we have ALL learned something from her accident!
There, I've said my two cents worth.
"The Eagle"
The Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote