View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 01:48 PM   #10
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Default Online Services

In the past year, I have taken advantage of Facebook, Myspace, MSN, Google, Linkedin to name a view to advertise my employment as well as rentals for both properties. I must be doing something wrong.

Never heard of Baygo tho. Clue me in?

Big reason why I don't go out is I have been unemployed for two years. I have a few contracts work but not enough to keep me afloat, trying to pay mortgage on rental properties that are not renting.

As for the Breck', the mountain does a good job of keeping season pass prices down. The Colorado buddy pass is still cheaper than Gunstock, Loon, Bretton Woods. Breck' town is known for its happy hour. You not only get drinks at half price, you can get appetizers and lunch at a steep discount. The locals will ski from 8 AM to about 1 PM. Head into town and ask for the locals special. For instance at The brewery, I can get a huge hamburger with Fries and a beer for 7.99. The establishment don't advertise these specials. It's by word of mouth among the locals. It is actually cheaper for me to ski and eat in Breck' than to stay here in NH. Summit County relys on the Denver area folks to float. Unfortunately these folks come up for the day and return home. My tenants were from the South, Texas, Georgia, Florida. Those states are the ones that are hit hard by the recession.

I use to be in the hospitality industry in the '70's. I was general manager of the 105 units Ramada Inn downtown. (Now the Landmark Inn). During the gas shortage the Inn went under. I decided to get a new career that had served me well for 33 years.

I am now looking to get back into anything that is available. I have looked into two existing commercial properties and could not get the loan. Loans are scarce and they require liquid assets to cover the loan. Not many people can do that and that is why there is a lot of commercial properties for sale. And at bargain prices. I would need an equity partner.