Thread: Best Boat Wax?
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 11:37 AM   #8
OCDACTIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
WOW! I am dating myself!

I have use many boat wax products. Most of them gone.

The West Marine teflon wax is great bottom wax. Washing off the scum and algae is a breeze. I have been using Cullinite for years. 20 years ago I switched to Maquire as it seems to last a lot longer. A few years ago I was recomended by a reputable professional marine restorer to use the 3M line of marine products. I am very impress with how long it beads. All season!

It is important that you have a squeaky clean boat before you wax. The scum will make the wax come off harder and streak the boat. 3M has excellent cleaning products. They also have excellent fibreglas restorers. The finese cut shines like glass!

West Marine carrys the Cullinite, Maguire and 3M products. The store in Waltham Mass., just off the 93, 95, 128 corridor is a great place to shop.

Otherwise NH folks can order online, by phone, or visit the Portsmouth, Seabrook stores. Portsmouth is geared toward sailing and the Seabrook store steers toward power boats.

Powerboat Magazine online has an excellent article on how to detail your boat.

Thanks man.. I read that as well.. Thats right 3M... that's the one I was drawing a blank on.. Buying it now.. I already have great cleaning products from Leverage.

PS. you wrote waltham but I think you mean Woburn Mass.. I used to live right near there!!!