View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 12:28 PM   #9
lawn psycho

Default NHMP Official complaint numbers on Braun Bay

I contacted NHMP. Here are the official complaint numbers from Braun Bay last year. Hundreds of boats over the summer and 6 complaints (safe passage violation would not be Braun Bay specific IMO).

So essentially two residents complaining and Ms. Patten is trying to pass a state law to restrict access to Braun Bay, a very popular sandbar.

For the record, Ms Patten also did not contact or consult with the NHMP about this legislation. She also is a non-boater who "hasn't been on Braun Bay in a long time." Quote is from my phone conversation with her.

Directly from NHMP:
In response to your inquiry, I offer the following;

The Marine Patrol received 10 calls for service this past boating season for the Braun Bay area. One call was simply reporting a drifting boat after a windy evening. The other nine calls were as follows:

6 Rafting Violations/Noise Complaints (includes the report of an intoxicated person)

2 reports from boaters

4 complaints from residents. One resident was responsible for three of the calls.

2 Safe Passage Violations

1 from a boater reporting skiers too close to other boats

1 from resident reporting PWC activity too close to shore

1 Sea Plane Complaint (3 calls about this same incident, 1 boater and 2 nearby residents)

Last edited by lawn psycho; 01-11-2010 at 12:40 PM. Reason: I think faster than my fingers & hate proofing :)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lawn psycho For This Useful Post: