View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 03:56 PM   #21
Flylady

Default Camp Guests

My Great Uncle started a camp journal or guest book in 1955 when he purchased his camp on the lake. As a very young child I remember my Uncle reminding us at the end of our cherished visits to write in the guest book. Every summer he had guests from all over including Sweden. He continued that journal until he passed away in 1989. While the camp was later cleaned out by other family members and sold, the journals may have been lost. How sad. As life unfolded, I was able to recapture my love of the lake and all of those memories when I decided to go back to my roots and purchased a place on the lake about 5 years ago. I started my own "guest Book". This summer as many of my cousins were visiting, while sitting around the fire pit, they began to share stories about thier stays at Uncle Carl's and his insistance that they write in the journal. We all truly as adults have come to understand the precious memories that those journals contained and wish we could find them! But the memories live on...
Flylady is offline   Reply With Quote