View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 06:33 PM   #558
OCDACTIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelnut View Post
Ya know I just HAD to repost this statement. If ever there were a more succinct statement to prove just how ludicrous the flood of posts has been by one certain member of this forum here it is. He has absolutely no regard for facts whatsoever. The posts are a perfect example for proving our point of fear mongering by the supporters. Any time anyone on here presents facts we get these random posts about accidents in Guam, China, Hoboken and god knows where. It is actually comical and I have been laughing but at the same time worried that legislators might actually use this stuff as ammo to support the law. I would like to think they were more intelligent than that but... I don't know. The numbers overwhelmingly support the case for no SL but why should that matter to anyone?
Very true Hazel. And let me be so bold and take it one further. These same individual(s) have not hid the fact that their ultimate goal is to ban a specific type of boat and are using the Legislatures ignorance of the lake to pass these feel good laws. They try to use past accidents where Speed had nothing to do with the cause of the accidents. They manipulate the situation to try to link the accidents to speed because of who the person was driving or the type of boat it was, when in each situation SPEED WAS NOT A FACTOR.
Ok I'm off my soapbox. These arguements have been made before but I hope this time the legislators are listening!
Enforcement and Education is the answer