View Single Post
Old 11-14-2009, 02:49 PM   #503
hazelnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset on the dock View Post
I seriously and sincerely want some of you to remember the above 2 quotes the next time the SL supporters are accused of "fear mongering". Some opposers warned the lake's region economy would similarly crash and burn. (BTW Hazelnut, I do in fact feel a little ashamed of using you in a multiquote after you taught me how to do it...)
When SL supporters tell how civilized the lake seemed last summer, this is one argument we hear from the opposers. Actually half the summer was a washout. August and early September were beautiful. I know of a guy from Long Lake Maine who had a list of automobile moving violations a mile long. He seemed to feel laws in general didn't apply to him. We all know the rest of the story. I hope no one buys his boat, NO PATIENCE, and brings it to Winnipesaukee.
No worries sunset.

I just want to make one thing very very clear to you. I assumed you had some affiliation to winnfabs. It is clear to me now that you don't. You don't have to take my word for it, by your response I can see you haven't. Talk to one of their members. They are in fact, not on the record mind you, looking to target large cruisers and large horsepower vessels next. Search the forums. Bear Islander, an extremely knowledgeable person on the subject by the way, has confirmed this in prior posts. This is not fear mongering, I swear to you it is not. I understand why you would call it that as I now know you probably did not know the agendas of their membership. Can you see now why some of us with nothing to gain or lose in this battle do not want to concede this one?
The Following User Says Thank You to hazelnut For This Useful Post: