View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 01:24 PM   #196
hazelnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoTheMath View Post
Umm, are you insinuating something by this post or just checking to make sure that I am keeping my son safe? If it's the former - spill it! If it's the latter - yeah, I make sure that he is more than safe and protected. And FTR - that pic was taken at about 25 mph, on a TUESDAY when the lake was F&C and there was next to no traffic. And my boat (that particular boat) was capable of well over the 25 mph we were doing, so it was a very controlled and stable ride! Was I "breaking the rules" there - yep, sure was... Do I loose sleep over that? Nope, not a minute - my Dad did it with me, and I have been told I turned out ok. So my son will get the same opportunities - and then some - to see what boating is all about, while having fun AND being safe and responsible! Start 'em young and it can only benefit him and everyone around him.
Don't even TELL me that APS is on a crusade to rid the lake of us irresponsible parents who let our kids sit on our laps and "drive" the boat.

Seriously though I have absolutlely had it and this one will throw me over the edge. Lets legislate the fun out of life now shall we. Perhaps George Orwell was correct in his vision of the future. Emotion is frivilous and unproductive. We should teach our children early on what kind of life these people are shaping for them. Sit down, be quiet and above all do not have fun and sit on Daddy's lap while he is driving. The APS' of the world cluck their tongues and shake their heads, tsk tsk, that is unsafe behavior. How Sad.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hazelnut For This Useful Post: