Thread: Real Estate
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 08:17 AM   #5
jmen24

I guess we are not looking at the same locations, but the market in most areas we frequent has not gone down at all. The houses that were on the market for the past three years are still listed within 25-50K of there original asking price. The national and state median home sales number has come down but the bottom of the market is lower than it was two years ago and that has to do with the foreclosures on the market. Most of these homes are still way over priced at 100K and needing to be completly gutted in order to make anything out of them.

The home directly accross the street from me just went up two weeks ago for 300K and that is what they called a "fire-sale price". I would not give them 250K for it, its a nice home, but has no land and sits right on top of the road, no privacy.

I play golf with some of the local realtors in town here and they seem to feel the same way, the only thing that is going for the buyer is they can throw out a low ball and they do not have 10 other people jumping at the chance to go over them. That and the rates are nice and low.

Some thoughts on this from others perspectives would be nice as I have not come accross very many realtors in this area that feel the market is down at all just a lower bottom. The towns of note that I mentioned about above. Loudon, Salisbury, Andover, New London, Wilmot, Sutton, Sunapee, Newbury, Springfield, Concord. Obviosly some areas are way down next to these towns, but the valuations in those communities have always been lower.

Just as a side note, I do not expect prices to go lower, if you are interested there is plenty to look at, but I do not feel that the pricing has come down as far as it has gone up to match historical increases in property market values, homes are still overpriced for what they are.

Last edited by jmen24; 09-24-2009 at 08:20 AM. Reason: additional line.
jmen24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links