View Single Post
Old 09-06-2009, 01:08 PM   #73
sasquatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracken View Post
New Hampshire law defines a “ski craft” as any motorized vessel that is less than 13 feet in length, is capable of exceeding 20 miles per hour, and has the capacity to carry no more than two persons.

“Ski craft” may be operated on any lake, pond, or river during daylight hours (sunrise to sunset) only.

It is illegal to operate a “ski craft” within a cove (a bay or inlet that does not exceed 1,000 feet at its widest point) or within 300 feet of shore unless the “ski craft” is proceeding at headway speed directly to an area where “ski craft” operation is permitted.

So if the PWC is 13 feet or longer and carries 3 or more riders and is equipped with running lights, it appears it is legal. Now the McRibs did not stop the PWCs so I am guessing they didn't have a tape measure.
I have a three seater 1200 PWC and i was got caught out late last year returning to the island. When i was pulled over by MP, they were very nice, informed i was out too late, so i explained the situation and they were very good about it to me. Followed me back to the island and let me go. At that time he informed me that i could register my PWC as a boat and put lights on and use it whenever I wanted. He gave me a bunch of reasons which i dont remember, but it summarized to that my PWC met the specs that made is permissable.
sasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sasquatch For This Useful Post: