Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fish Tales (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Fishermen (and Fisherwomen) beware! (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9484)

Little Bear 03-09-2010 05:13 PM

Fishermen (and Fisherwomen) beware!

New Obama rules may prohibit citizens from fishing:

http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/s...ory?id=4975762

I also heard today that Obama wants to explore a manned visit to Mars. Maybe he can take the first ride??!! :laugh:

wifi 03-09-2010 06:40 PM

TOTAL OUTRAGE, vote the bums out.

I will do what ever I need to feed my family, in a time of crisis. (Don't worry, we aren't cannibals, yet :D )

jmen24 03-10-2010 09:34 AM

If you think this is bad you should research the Humane Societies 100 million dollar mission to try to eliminate hunting in New Hampshire!

That's correct, out of all 50 states they picked us, but I must say I do agree with their stance on over the internet hunting, that should definately be outlawed.:confused:

JDeere 03-10-2010 10:13 AM

Bottom Line

This is another Obama attempt to limit our rights.

Who elected this guy anyway?

LakeSnake 03-10-2010 12:34 PM

LIforrelaxin 03-10-2010 12:52 PM

Slowly the grip tightens, is it possible that we have reached the pinnacle of liberalism and environmentalism in this country. Not that I don't believe that we have a duty to protect the environment or make sure that everyone is treated fairly. But when do we cross the line. When is enough enough, and the next step to much. It seems as though maybe in many arenas we are finding that out.

offmycloud 03-10-2010 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin (Post 121230)
Slowly the grip tightens, is it possible that we have reached the pinnacle of liberalism and environmentalism in this country. Not that I don't believe that we have a duty to protect the environment or make sure that everyone is treated fairly. But when do we cross the line. When is enough enough, and the next step to much. It seems as though maybe in many arenas we are finding that out.

I hope we have seen the peak and now are starting to see the wane of this nonsense marked by the election of Scott Brown and soon November where hopefully we vote the idiots out.

Environmentalists have always sought to control the world through "dire" issues. Overpopulation and acid rain in the 70's and 80's, then with global warming they really thought they were really on to something that would cement their control - thankfully this has proven to be a hoax as well.

MAXUM 03-10-2010 06:28 PM

The only problem with that is that BO is doing all this stuff via executive order since he knows it would never garnish public support even through our elected representatives. The good people of this country better wake up and soon.

Grant 03-11-2010 09:54 AM

What a load of crap. This will never fly. Don't these nitwits have anything better to do than place more restrictions on us?

LIforrelaxin 03-11-2010 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grant (Post 121352)
What a load of crap. This will never fly. Don't these nitwits have anything better to do than place more restrictions on us?

Grant,

They would argue, that we unenlightened simpletons just don't understand. Unfortunately as Maxum points out many things can be done by Executive Orders.... fortunately when the next President takes over they can be undone just that easy. However the damage will have already been done.

I stick by my earlier comment, and hope that we have reached the pinnacle for liberalism and and environmentalism extremism in this country, because at the current pace, we are not going to be able to enjoy anything any more with out risk of fines, we will become a country of people that work to live and live to work.... But maybe that is what some people want I suppose.

SIKSUKR 03-16-2010 08:13 AM

Sounds to me that some hand slapping took place from big brother. You can't disagree or you will be chastized. Why doesn't this surprize me?

NoBozo 03-16-2010 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SIKSUKR (Post 121903)
Sounds to me that some hand slapping took place from big brother. You can't disagree or you will be chastized. Why doesn't this surprize me?

That's the same conclusion I came to as I read the piece. ESPN inadvertently veered into the truth and Blurted It Out in their original story...and then all of a sudden....OH wait, It was just an opinion with no basis in fact. Yea right. :D NB

Andy 03-16-2010 03:27 PM

no worries

Never going to happen. ESPN has retracted this story.

SteveA 03-16-2010 04:03 PM

Makes you think doesn't it...

Sure wish we had George Bush back... :rolleye2::rolleye2:

Pineedles 03-16-2010 06:53 PM

BUSH league

Well at least I wouldn't have been charged $50.00 for an ocean shoreline license to fish when it was free last year. BTW the fee is supposed to cover the cost of telling the Fed that I am fishing on the Connecticut shore line! What a bunch of BS! Its about time that folks realize its the Gov't that's the problem. I'm so P'd off I can hardly continue to to even discuss it!

RailroadJoe 03-17-2010 02:42 AM

Big business still rules Congress. And the money comes through the lobbyists. Fishing in the ocean went from one line hooks to mile long hooks and NETS. Its still no reason to stop the week-end fisherman from catching his measly 5 to 10 fish free and without any stupid law.

wifi 03-17-2010 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RailroadJoe (Post 121968)
Big business still rules Congress....

Insanity rules Congress these days ... beg to differ.

Back on topic, I'm all for sports fishing, and fish eating :)

MAXUM 03-24-2010 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveA (Post 121938)
Sure wish we had George Bush back... :rolleye2::rolleye2:

There are lots of folks saying that and while Bush did a lot of things I had problems with, mostly his lack of controlling spending, he looks like a saint in that department compared to BO. Still that doesn't let him off the hook in my book, just the lesser of two evils compared to BO. Frankly the thing that needs to happen is for there to be a serious house cleaning of the house and senate and not just the Dems, but a whole lot of Republicans as well. This country needs to get back on track and you can't completely lay the blame on the Prez, remember he can only sign into law that which is placed on his desk. Although executive orders can be put into place, if they are in direct conflict with what is already written into law they should not under any kind of judicial scrutiny trump the law. That said we all should be concerned with the notion that a Prez can on a whim whip those things out at will. Seems to completely bypass the legislative process and to me anyways directly conflicts with the overall balance of government.

As far as this fishing thing goes, I did do some research on it and although I vehemently disagree with it for a number of reasons it seems to be targeting the commercial industry initially more so than us regular Joes. However the language that is troubling is that they want to create what is equivalent to the "wilderness" areas in the national forest which will be in the future used to further restrict access. First the designation needs to be made, then slowly over time they will be shut down to everyone. While I am all for common sense restrictions if needed, many of these things are started by people who have a fundamental problem with folks that enjoy things such as fishing and hunting and NOT on any kind of reasonable unbiased scientific or population survey data. This is why we have a fish and game department that manage various populations through conservation AND harvesting via hunting and fishing.

ApS 03-24-2010 11:51 AM

The Party of "No"? This just in...

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by wifi (Post 121969)
"...Insanity rules Congress these days ... beg to differ...
Back on topic, I'm all for sports ..."

Important things like sports-scores and Facebook are on the minds of Congress as they listen to the ideas of the Opposition.

:rolleye1:

Treerider 04-18-2010 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmen24 (Post 121206)
If you think this is bad you should research the Humane Societies 100 million dollar mission to try to eliminate hunting in New Hampshire!

That's correct, out of all 50 states they picked us, but I must say I do agree with their stance on over the internet hunting, that should definately be outlawed.:confused:

internet hunting.....get real, they sensationazlize some BS, then try and get it banned!!! Like tghe myth of plastic guns

NBR 04-19-2010 08:48 AM

I agree that the entire congress needs a house cleaning. I have gotten to the point that I vote for no one but against the candidate or incumbent that I think is the worst choice.

It is my opinion that when we did not raise a first class stink when congress voted themselves full salary as a retirement package after one term we lost the battle and maybe the war. I don't think they have done what they think is right since then only voting as best posssible to get them selves reelected.

I hold congress in more contempt than ambulance chasing lawyers. I am not in favor of term limits but voters have a great need to be informed when they vote. Party affiliation and name recognition do not result in a knowledge based vote.

Eagle 04-19-2010 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy (Post 121933)
Never going to happen. ESPN has retracted this story.

Yes, but the brainwashed sheep all believed it.:D

jmen24 04-19-2010 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Treerider (Post 124840)
internet hunting.....get real, they sensationazlize some BS, then try and get it banned!!! Like tghe myth of plastic guns

That is my thought. Its funny, I have searched high and low to find the "Internet hunting" sites and can't seem to find any. I would like to know where they came up with that.

Seems like a good way to spend a lunch.....

Kidding, just kidding, no one needs to go crazy on me, goes against everything I believe in.

It is unfortunate, because the group does a nice job on the local level with domestic animals.

Sunbeam lodge 04-19-2010 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NBR (Post 124861)
I agree that the entire congress needs a house cleaning. I have gotten to the point that I vote for no one but against the candidate or incumbent that I think is the worst choice.

It is my opinion that when we did not raise a first class stink when congress voted themselves full salary as a retirement package after one term we lost the battle and maybe the war. I don't think they have done what they think is right since then only voting as best posssible to get them selves reelected.

I hold congress in more contempt than ambulance chasing lawyers. I am not in favor of term limits but voters have a great need to be informed when they vote. Party affiliation and name recognition do not result in a knowledge based vote.

That's what Gov. Chris is doing in N.J. He is doing what has to be done no matter who likes it. He said I am only here for one term so I don,t need to worry about who I offend I just do what is right and needs to be done. We will see how that works out.